So much Saturday news!

I will be missing another soccer game tomorrow as we’re waking up and an ungodly hour tomorrow morning and driving up north for the Boyf to compete in a half ironman. Let’s hope our puppy will be on his best behavior and not frighten anyone. My running buddy described Alfie as “ferocious” — completely true.

Speaking of Soccer, I looked up the scoring results for the whole Women’s Conference and I’m tied for second place on being the top scorer! How sweet is that? I totally had to tell someone.

While I sit here and type away while my laundry is doing 4 loads down in the apartment’s basement and one left to be put in — I noticed that people really don’t know how to work the washers in our complex. I ended up getting a free load of laundry because there was a sticky note on one of the washers that said “doesn’t work”. I put my clothes in, and got a free wash. The other washer said it doesn’t rinse properly. I’ve had that happen to me before, but it was because I only put in Alfie’s bed cover and it was uneven and didn’t rinse correctly. Yay for ignoring the notes!

Yesterday was so wonderful. I had my mind set out that I was going for a run immediately after I got home from work. My heart was pounding and my stomach was turning. I never went on a run alone before — and my iPod’s battery was dead. I decided to just go for it anyway and conquer 4.41kms in 24:47!! This is the watch I bought off Ebay and blogged about earlier.

The watch says 25:32, because I walked for the first 45 seconds ;)

I talked about my 10 and 1’s before, and I did that yesterday. The first 1 minute walk was fine, and then I started to run again. 2 or 3 minutes in, is when I start to panic and my breathing goes to complete crap, and I can’t seem to “calm” my breathing down sometimes. So, I decided to walk again! I wasn’t really angry with myself this time, but I only needed another minute or so and I was off on my run again. Started slow, and finished fast. I ended up jogging fast (not sprinting, because I was done), and nearly collapsed (okay not really) when I reached the fence of the apartment building.

I felt SO good.

Even with my veins popping out of my head.

Time to refuel with water (x3)

Then I had to prepare supper for the both of us but have it ready for 9PM when the boyf got back from his endur-ride on his road bike. Superstar.

It was as good as it looked.

Lululemon was adding Loot to their sale section on their website the whole night last night. I ended up scoring some more Run: Zoom crops (the ones I’m wearing in the photo above) for 50% off! They’re still avail, but going quickly. I have decided I like the Zoom’s better than my Run: Empower crops for running, primarily because Zoom’s have a tiny pocket in the back for keys, and the Zoom’s aren’t as compressioney on my stomach.

Anyway, this entry is long enough – even though I have much more to babble on about, I’m sure that’s enough reading for one day! :)

Will be back tomorrow with a race re-cap of the Half Ironman (if I get around to it that night) and don’t forget to enter my DownEast Basics (clothing) giveaway. It ends on July 5!

You may also like


  1. Yay for you! The dinner looks yummy. I meant to tell you….about your “10 and 1” method. I tried it recently (sort of)….and by sort of I mean I did an 8 and 2. I know from experience that one minute is not enough to get my breathing back under control so I tried the 8 and 2. It sucked, but I was able to manage! Thanks for the tip :)

    Nancy says: Oh gosh, I didnt’ mean I started out with 10 and 1’s. It took me about two and a half months to build that up. At first we were running 4 minutes on 1 minute off, stuff like that. Sometimes we even did 2 and 2’s!

  2. I did mean “Fur”rocious is a really cute way! He is like a little furry lion! Loves him!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge