These are MY sports. I enjoy what I do, and luckily it doesn’t ever feel like a chore. This is #MyBetter
- Climbing: Since 1995— check out my very first belaying card (the white one was my first lead belay)!
- Soccer: Since I can remember
- Running: I started up “for real” in 2008/2009
- CrossFit: Just passed my 1½ year mark
- Hiking: whenever my boyfriend and I travel out West.
Speaking of soccer. I’m officially coming out of soccer retirement tonight. I was invited by my CrossFit coaches to play on their new co-ed indoor soccer league this winter. Soccer is the only sport that makes me sick to my stomach nervous (besides signing up for running races), until I get on the field.
I think I’m going to hurl. We got our schedule on Monday and it’s pretty jam-packed from September-March. The reason why I get nervous with soccer, is because I know what I’m capable of, and if I don’t play to my full potential I get annoyed with myself. I know, it sounds so ridiculous and you’d think I’d get over it with time, and sometimes I do. But I haven’t played in about a year and I hope I can show my team mates how I can do, tonight.
How do you stay active?