After a while of collecting some useful tips and tricks on how to clean certain areas of your house, I have collaborated a few of my own that I have gathered off the interwebs.Sorry I don’t remember where I read everything and apologize that I haven’t credited the authors.
Vinegar seems to do most of the trick, so buy in bulk!
- Use a vinegar soaked rag to remove hard water stains from your shower head, faucets and even stainless steel appliances.
- Use a damp dryer sheet to remove soap scum from shower doors and walls. Not only does it remove this unsightly film, but it leaves the room smelling clean and fresh.
- Use Borax for removing hard water stains. Just sprinkle some onto the offending area, let sit for a few minutes, and wipe with a damp sponge.
- Drop a couple of denture cleaning tablets in and let them fizz for a while.
- Pour two cups of vinegar into the bowl and letting it sit for an hour, scrubbing should be minimal. If you have hard water stains from the sides of the bowl, try filling the bowl with vinegar and leaving it to sit over night.
- Pour one part baking soda followed by one part vinegar down the drain, let stand for one minute, then rinse to clean out the pipes.
- Add one part vinegar and one part water to a spray bottle and spray down mold or mildew, then just scrub it away with a textured sponge or rag and rinse it clean.