Thursdays are the busiest days of the week for us. After work is done for the day I always go on my Tues/Thursday runs right after, which goes until about 6pm. I then hurry home to cook supper and then hop in the shower while stuff is heating up / defrosting / etc. We gobble it down and head out for Alfie’s obedience school training for 8pm. It really is rushed… even though we have two hours to (not really) “spare”.
I try to wake up early to get a head start on the whole day. As you already know, I woke up at 6:30 and started baking! But after that, it all went downhill. I think knowing that I’m going to be non-stop busy all day puts me in a grumpy mood. At least supper was all prepped when I was feeling energetic this a.m. (tomatoes, and cheese cut & the panini sauce was made!). So rather than having a normal paragraphed post, I decided that I’m just going to make a list of what annoyances I have come across today:
- My dog has a cone on his head. He can’t smell where he needs to go on the pad, and he missed it this morning. It was a big pee.
- I kicked Alfie’s freshly poured almost-overflowing bowl of water all over the floor this morning, just as I was heading out the door.
- I was annoyed a few times between the hours of 9-5 today.
- If you have a tickle in your throat. Please do not let it accumulate and try to clear your throat for an ungodly long twenty minutes. Hack up a lung, and be done with it.
- A friend contributed to the list today. She has a really phonetic name, and it can be pronounced different ways when you say it allowed — but written it’s just the way it sounds (both ways). People have been spelling her name completely different in e-mails today. When replying! Be courteous and read the senders name before you reply. Do not spell it Jack, instead of Jane! Seriously. That would bug me. Hi, I’m not Natalie…
- Why is the air conditioner on and we’re all freezing. I have yet to turn off my space heater under my desk.
- It’s not Friday yet.
It’ll all be over on June 17 when Alfie’s Obedience school is done with. I don’t think we’re going to take him up to the next level. It’s the final level, before you introduce the dogs to agility classes. The only problem we have with this little guy is that he barks at the quietest of noises. If you’re in a completely different room than him and you jingle the coin change in your pocket, he gets startled and barks his mini head off. He hears the elevator door open out in the hall — bark bark bark. Jayyysuss..
Good night all. Hopefully Friday will be a much better day.