Each Sunday for almost two yeas I’ve been planning my outfit of the work week (OOTWW) clothes, taking a photo each morning and publishing them on the blog on Fridays.
How do I pick out my clothes? Some ask me. Here is what I do. There’s two steps to this. 1-6, and then paragraph below that one. Inspiration from others.
1. Start off with your base. That could either be shoes, pants, or your top. I usually start with my pants. I don’t like to wear out my pants so I try to only wear them once.
2. If you started off like me and picked out your pants, pick out a top to go with it. It could be a blouse, a knitted sweater, or could be a tank or a tee.
3. Layer it. Either add cardigans like you see I’ve done above, or if you’re not feeling the cardi, accessorize with a scarf.
4. Time for the fun part — accessorizing! Pick out jewelry, bracelets, belts, earrings and scarves. This is the time I also pick out shoes to wear with my outfits. Have fun with it.
5. Finish your outfit with undies and a bra, socks too if need be, and you’re done!
I put all the outfits on hangers, and put them aside. Reason you can’t see the pants is that they’re underneath the tops!
As you can see, I pretty much tried to copy the entire outfit.
That my friends, is how I plan my outfits!