Hello Nancy fans! My name is Julie and I blog about my life, food and fitness over at Peanut Butter Fingers.
I created my blog in September 2009 to share my love of creating delicious but healthy recipes with family and friends. I love to write and experiment in the kitchen, so blogging was a great way to do both!
Sometimes my experiments in the kitchen are complete failures. But sometimes I get it right.
Today Iâ€™m going to share perhaps the most delicious cookie recipe Iâ€™ve ever created. It came about when my husband said he wanted â€œa treatâ€ at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night. (Yes, weâ€™re a super-cool couple that stays home and makes cookies on weekend nights.)
I was in the baking mood, as always, and meandered into the kitchen and pulled out key ingredients for any tasty cookieâ€¦ flour, sugar and butter.
Then I looked through our cabinets and grabbed oats and wheat germ and started to feel inspired.
The result of my random creation was fantastic.
I present to you, oatmeal wheat germ cookies!
- Â½ c. butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- Â½ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- Â½ tsp. vanilla
- Â½ tsp. salt
- Â½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Â¼ c. flour
- 1 Â¼ c. old fashioned oats
- Â½ c. wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter and sugars in a bowl until fully combined
- Gradually mix egg and vanilla into sugar mixture
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda
- Gradually mix flour mixture into sugar and egg mixture
- Once the flour and sugar mixture are fully combined, mix in oats and wheat germ
- Place tablespoons full of dough on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned
- Let cool and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did!