1. The building managers where we live put off a pool party for the residents last weekend, and since The Guy (aka my husband, as he wants to remain internet anonymous from now on) was out of town over night, I went solo for a few hours, introducing myself to as many people as possible. The turn-out wasn’t impressive, and I only met a handful of people. But I’m happy I went, because I met a new-to-us couple, who also has a small dog and the wife and I have been walking our dogs every evening after she gets off work. We are sort of forcing friendship with our two dogs. They’re both territorial and “king/queen of the household” so there is a lot of barking and “I’m so scared I poop” (mainly from Alfie). But hooray for new friends!
2. These shoes are comfortable, hence me buying them in bulk. Not as practical, as they’re suede and will get dirty quicker. I picked up the pink and blue one’s at the Gilroy Outlets, and bought the turquoise one online at J.Crew Factory for a steep discount. Roughly $110 for the three pairs, in total.
3. I killed my air plant, that rarely needed watering. I’m disappointed in myself for letting it die. This is why I can only have real looking faux flowers. I only needed to rinse it under water once a week, which I did. It’s probably too hot for it in California. Lame.
4. I’ve been meaning to talk about these earring for a few months. I bought them from Autumn Equinox on etsy, and I think they’re super cool. I prefer stud earrings as opposed to anything that drops below the ear lobe, as my ears are pierced unevenly and you can really notice it when I wear anything but studs unfortunately.
5. Songza has been my choice of music for a few months, when The Guy introduced it to me. Freakin’ love it.
6. Makeup has been minimal for me for the last little while. Here’s all the goodies I’ve been wearing when I feel like wearing anything. Dior BB cream // Cle de Peau concealer // Jouer Bronzer // Dior Diorshow mascara // Tweezerman eyelash curler // Real Techniques brushes.
7. I love mangoes, but hate cutting them upÂ â€” so here’s a way to peel a mango in 10 seconds or less. Thanks to Carla for posting the link on her blog!
(image from FitBit)
8. Love the concept of tracking your fitness and calories burned throughout the day, but hate the look of the athletic looking Fit-Bit? I know it’s not versatile for every one to wear. But Katie recently blogged about the new launch from Tory Burch making more aesthetically pleasing FitBit gear.
Random questions for you:
Do you have your ears pierced? If so, how old were you?
I was in Grade 5 when I got mine done.
When is the last time you uploaded new music to your iPod/Smart Phone/MP3 player?
I never listen to music on my 2nd gen iPod shuffle, and once it’s on there, it’s there for ever. Songza’s where it’s at. If I’m on the treadmill or running outside, I run sans music.
How often do you go swimming?