My pal Teri over at A Foodie Stays Fit did this questionnaire not too long ago, and I thought it was way-over due that I did something a little more personal on the blog.
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Scott. My nephews!!! Alfie posing for pics lol. Laughing. Cruising around California (honestly I love it here). Fun upbeat music.
2. What are your vices? Going to coffee shops. I guess it’s not that bad of a vice. Wait. Candy. I guess candy…because: sugar. Mmm.
3. What is on your nightstand? My nightstand is pretty tiny since it’s just this table. I keep 2 rose lip balms on there (dior, and bobbi brown), a dior apricot cuticle cream, my iPad and my phone (plugged in).
4. Do you have a secret talent? YES OMG. I can chirp like a bird! LOL. I used to work in an office and one of my co-workers (Hi Gloria!) fell for it every time, looking up at the ceiling thinking that a bird was stuck in the tiles. Ha!
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Living on their own! Traveling alone. Eating at a restaurant alone. (I stole this answer from Teri who took it from Christina, but I 100% agree with all of these also!). While I haven’t lived alone, ever (I’m not sure I’d be okay with that)… I travel solo a lot, and eat alone a lot too! I don’t mind.
7. What makes you laugh? Scott. Alfie. Immature jokes. Friends.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I guess it’s my ‘party trick’ from back in the days when I climbed 5-6 times a week. I could do multiple pull-ups/chinups on door frames. Watch a really really really old video of me doing it here. I also competed in the Nationals (once) back in the early 2000’s, I guess I don’t tell many people that. While I still climb (21 years of climbing!), I’m not as hardcore as I used to be.
9. What is on your bucket list? Buying a house! I want to travel more. I love exploring with our little family of three (Me, Husband Alfie), and want to do that more. I still want to visit places all over the world (Germany, Italy, Australia… I could go on!).
10. What is on your feet right now? I’m barefoot sitting here at the computer. But I just wore my cheapie Charlotte Russe brown flip flops (seen here) to grab an iced espresso.
11. How did you make your first dollar? Well Teri’s answer was so cute, selling rocks! Haha! If I’m not counting my first real job (Tim Hortons!), I would probably say singing Christmas Carols with my older brother at the neighbours houses all down our street. They gave us money to sing, and we were all about it! Haha.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I always seem to throw salt over my shoulder if I spill it on the table. I also knock on wood. I guess those count!
15. What is on your liquor shelf? We have a wine-cabinet in our kitchen, but don’t drink often. So we have a full stock pile now. I just counted 5 bottles of wine, a liqueur, and a whole lot of beer.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? Oh man there’s a lot. We have a lot of flat surfaces in our kitchen (in fact, I think it’s the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had in a home). I have Alfie’s food that needs to be put away. A half-roll of paper towels (select-a-size!). A Nespresso Dolce Gusto (see my review lol). A printer. Some decorations from Newfoundland. 2 Pineapple jars with lids (I love them). A toaster. An air fryer. And on our kitchen island we have the Amazon Echo (have you guys used one of those? They’re so cool). I think that’s it…
17. What would you never leave home without? Such a boring answer for me but, cash, ID, and phone.
Question for you: What’s on your nightstand?