1. I want to get my hair done by Silvia at Bibbo Salon, in San Francisco. I first discovered her on YouTube, with her fantastic hair tips and tutorials. Maybe soon I’ll get the guts to drive there and get it done. I really dislike going to new-to-me stylists. I’m so afraid they’ll wreck my hair.
2. I’ve been eating Balance Bars as snacks lately. Recycling this picture from March because I don’t have any left. Ate them all! When we first moved to California, I was going through them like nobodies business. But I mean, that’s not healthy. Right? They’re onl $0.99 at the grocery store, couldn’t help myself. Now, it’s all in moderation (again). Sooo good. I only buy the S’mores flavour. These are close to impossible to find in Canada, so this was on my to-buy-list when we first moved here, ha!
3. Finally got my wedding rings back from being sized smaller yet again (they messed it up the first time), and for its 6 month inspection/and polishing etc. One of them is SO TIGHT that I may have a bruise on my knuckle from taking it off for swimming/climbing. I wasn’t seriously considering wearing my wedding bands, but I had thought of it. That was, until Ellen told me it would be a terrible idea, due to the fact that worst case scenario, you could de-glove your finger. Please do not google image that. It’s gory and may leave you light-headed.
4. La Belle Mixtape | Summer Memories | Henri Pfr: I’ve been listening to that YouTube video all week. Such good tunes now that it’s summer :)
5. My husband’s younger sister is here for a little while. She’s a speedy runner, so I’m going to ask her for some tips while she’s here. She ran a marathon in 3:20! She was also my husband’s “best man” at our wedding. The other sister will be getting here soon! I’m excited to spend some sister-in-law time with them both. I’ve been trying to take the younger one out to a few places, but I think we’ll have to do repeats because my favourite places, I want the older one to see too! Blogging will be sporadic until at least the first week of July. I don’t want to be on my computer too much while they’re here.
6. I finished the V4 green boulder problem on Tuesday! Some guy and I were working on it at the same time. I cheered for him as soon as he topped out, and then he told me to crush it, and was coaxing me along while I was on the wall. I ended up doing what he did, a butt-hook with my left butt cheek on the face, and then reaching over (feeling like you were almost laying down, that’s how laid back the route is!) and getting the top hold, manoeuvring your left foot where your butt was, and putting two feet on top of that hold, and going for the top. It was incredible! I was so happy. I think I shouted.
7. I walked into Athleta (kinda reminds me of Lululemon) the other day after climbing, and the girl who always helps me with the clothing was there again. She has a cool name, but I haven’t a clue how to spell it so I won’t butcher it. She saw me dressed in my black tank + black leggings with chalk all over it, and asked if I just got back from climbing! It was a mini-bonding experience, because she goes to another climbing gym in San Jose. Who knew there were SO FREAKING MANY!? I need to scope the one she was talking about, out.
That’s all I’ve got for today! Off I go :)
Tell me something random, I’ll read it before bed tonight. And don’t forget to enter the green tea matcha powder giveaway.
Wait for me, let’s get our hair done!!! Can’t wait to see you!