Hey Spiffy Friends!
My name is Stephanie and I blog over at Lunges and Lunch. I look like this:
I met Ms. Nancy at a blogger event and fell instantly in love. We had an amazing time laughing and had a pretty great first connection which was obvious as we gradually cleared the room (maybe our humor is not for everyone). I’ve been following her since and was absolutely thrilled to take the opportunity to blog for her while she’s MIA.
Because I like food, I thought I’d share a recipe with you guys today! Just as a background (in case my ingredients look a little funky), I’m a gluten-free girl who is vegan 95% of the time. I also don’t do soy or corn. (Aren’t I a delight?)
Before you run away, give my recipe a chance J
It’s a Chocolate Banana Goji Bread Pudding.
See?? Come back and take a peek.
½ cup goji berries
¾ cup water
2 cups all purpose GF flower
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp xanthan gum
I tsp vanilla
1 c rice milk
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup brown rice syrup
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ cup applesauce
2 chia eggs
- Soak your berries in one bowl for 3 minutes and then mash them up or handblend.
2. Prep your chia eggs in a separate little bowl. The ratio is 3:1, so soak 3 tbsp water in 1 tbsp of chia! (You can also use flaxseed instead).
3. Mix all your dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the wet into the dry and voila! A bowl full of mush!
- Toss half of your chocolate batter into a square pan and then add your goji layer.
- Put the remainder of the batter on and sprinkle some coconut on there.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm. Add cream or milk (skim, rice, almond, hemp, soy, coconut) if you like and
Hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for letting me come visit! :)