Full Disclosure: I received the Parker Urban pen to review on my blog, and to give one away to my Canadian readers. I was not compensated for this post. Read away!
What are some of your favorite memories of your Father? I have many that come to mind:
- I remember him teaching me how to ride my bicycle in our previous house. I was peddling so fast I remember looking over my shoulder to see if he was still there. There he was, running full tilt trying to keep me safe with his hand on the back of my seat so I wouldn’t fall.
- Doing countless under-ducks on the swing set in the backyard that my parents built for us.
- I remember even though he was faint at the sight of blood, he still helped clean up my scraped knee wounds… all while making a “schhhhh” noise in between his teeth to let me know that it was painful looking and he was glad it wasn’t his knees ;)
- I helped him go out to different building sites when he was an Architect, and my job was to “slap” the chalk line on the wall. lol… hey I loved it.
- He makes really amazing bacon. I can’t even make it that good, and I make it weekly now.
- He shares his candy with me. It’s a pretty big deal, especially since he hides it in all sorts of places all over the house.
So cheers to all the Daddio’s out there who are just starting out as first-time-Dad’s, changing diapers without being asked, fathers who push you on swings and make you frozen pizza or kraft dinner, every day for lunch. Thanks to all of you. You’ve given your children a priceless gift, by being there for us.
Father’s Day is coming up next Sunday and I’d like help you guys out with another special giveaway that may seem small in the grand scheme of things, but something none-the-less. I did the same type of giveaway for Mother’s Day last month.
My Dad is a huge pen fanatic, just like myself (that’s where I get it from, I think). So I’ll be bringing this pen down to Newfoundland with me at the end of the month to give it to him. He’ll definitely appreciate it.
Parker Urban in a black finish. Total retail value of the Parker Urban pen exceeds $50.
The PARKER Urban is a cool, new generation pen that redefines modern writing and reinvents the rules. It combines
ergonomics with art to give an unconventional bullet shape with perfect weight and balance.
One pen will be given away to a lucky Canadian reader. Contest only open to Canadian residents. I will draw the name within 24 hours and if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, I will re-draw.