It’s crucial to keep your body hydrated whether you’re drinking water, or applying moisturizing creams on your skin to keep that hydration locked in.
Here are some steps I do to keep my skin happy on a regular basis.
1. Moisturize twice a day with a day and a night cream. I use Philosophy Hope in a Jar for normal skin (it’s a whipped consistency. The dry skin formula was way too rich for me) for the day, and the same Philosophy Hope In a Jar night, right before bed.
2. Purity by Philosophy is one of the only face washes that doesn’t strip my skin of moisturize nor does it feel tight or dry after I use it. Plus, it’s gentle enough to use on your eyes – it doesn’t sting!
3. Soft Soap Body Butter Coconut Scrub. I love this because it has exfoliating beads in it, so I’m sloshing off any dead skin cells plus it smells fantastic.
4. Purity by Philosophy makeup cleansing cloths for when you’re lazy. If you’re feeling too tired at night and don’t want to wash your make up face off before bed, keep a set of make up wipes on your bedside and use one or two wipes to remove any make up. It’s so refreshing too they feel cool on your face. You want to always remove your makeup, not only will it clog your pores but removing makeup allows your skin to breathe. I keep a set of Purity by Philosophy wipes by the bedside and I use them about once or twice a week. Sometimes I use them to remove the dust accumulated on my bedside table. Should I have admitted that?
5. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter body moisturizer. I don’t have a favorite moisturizer that I use on my body at the moment. But I’ve been using this one, and it smells so very strongly of sweet candies. It’s not a scent I want to have on my body the entire day so I usually try to apply this only during the night time after an evening shower which usually happens after I go to CrossFit. The reason I’m still using it, is that the consistency of it is so thick and really moisturizes my body.
Ah jeepers. With no intentions to do so I realizedÂ lot of the stuff I’ve listed that keeps my skin happy is actually by Philosophy. I’m not sponsored or asked to review their products here, it’s just something that works well for my skin.
I want to elaborate a bit more on the Hope In a Jar Night by Philosophy. When I first received this in my goodie box from BlissDom, I was shocked when I opened it because I really didn’t know that Philosophy made a night cream. Shocker on my part since I’m a huge fan and know quite a bit about their products. Goes to show that even though they are my go-to skin care brand, I don’t know everything about them, nor do I claim to.
Without skipping a beat I’ve been applying this on a nightly basis since mid-October. Ok ok all lies. Sometimes I’m lazy and I only use the makeup wipes and hit the hay immediately. But for the most part this gets applied on a regular basis around 10:00pm ;)
I really dislike raving, hooting and hollering about a product being so amazing, because it can come off as too fake. But you have to realize that everyone’s skin acts differently with products. As much as this works on me, it may not work the same for you. Another BlissDom attendee tried this out and unfortunately it didn’t work with her skin and she had to stop using it. See what I mean?
I wake up with moisturized skin in the morning, it’s unreal what a difference a night cream will do to your skin… IN THE NIGHT. I used to only apply the day cream twice a day. I’m a convert now, guys.
Another thing I wanted to note. I was once told by a Sephora rep last year that, one should start applying cream to not only their faces but to their neck and collarbone area. I’d use that fancy french word that begins with a D, but I can’t even remember how to pronounce it let alone spell it out. So that’s what I’ve been doing with my day and night creams. Slathering it all over, letting it all soak in. You don’t want a nice flawless face and a wrinkly turky neck when you’re older.Â
Do you use a night cream?
How often do you moisturize?