5 Tips to Safeguard Your Home
It’s time to face the facts and realize that the economy isn’t getting any better anytime soon and it’s no secret that people are having to be a little more careful when it comes to safeguarding their homes. There are a number of things you can do to help protect your home from a possible intrusion and below are just a few suggestions.
1. Get a security system. This one is pretty easy. Whether you get it from securitychoice.com or some other vendor, you want to make sure you understand how it works and how you can use it efficiently.
2. Don’t give intruders the opportunity to window shop. Draw those shades when it’s time to go to bed. No need to show off your latest stereo system or flat screen plasma television to any would-be intruder.
3. Get a dog. While it’s true that a dog can certainly help increase the security of your home, you should always have the dog properly and professionally trained to handle the task. Don’t do it yourself. You want your dog to be able to tell the difference between an intruder and a guest.
4. Get a slab door. If you have an old wood door, you might consider replacing it with one of those $100 slab doors. They are much sturdier and can last much longer than any old wooden door. Making it harder for criminals to let themselves in since the front door is one of the most common forms of entry.
5. Don’t leave notes on doors. Had to get to work in a hurry but wanted to leave word for the gas man? Whatever you do, don’t leave him a note. Not only will you be letting the gas man know you aren’t home but any potential intruders as well.
And those are just a few ideas. If you have any other questions, another good idea is to consult with your local law enforcement. If anyone is going to know about recent crime trends and risks, they will and they might be able to offer you a few pointers on how to further safeguard your home.